Last Thursday I did a blog post going over my goals and my self-assessment. It’s 2009 and I’m excited about all of the great things going on this year. Let’s take a look at my goals for this year. I’d love to hear about your goals for 2009!
1. Run a marathon this year - I had the goal of finishing a half-marathon last year and that did not quite happen, but we are signed up and training for a half-marathon that we will run February 28th.
2. Complete a sprint triathlon event - I’ve never done any sort of triathlon event so this could get very interesting. I can swim, but I would not consider myself to be a strong swimmer. I have a lot of difficulty with my breathing technique.
3. Earn $10,000 through entrepreneurial endeavors - I am defining this income as income through a side business. As of now, those three avenues could be through real estate transactions, ad revenue through my blog, or through Forex trading. I am not limiting what avenues I can or will make money in, but I suspect that most of it will come from those three vehicles.
4. Earn $1,000 in monthly cash flow by the end of the year - I would rank this as the most difficult or second most difficult goal. I anticipate this cash flow to come from rental properties. At $1,000 in monthly cash flow, that would require us to acquire four properties which would be quite a bit for beginners.
5. Limit checking personal and blog related e-mail to 3 times per day - I am constantly checking my e-mail. I feel I spend a lot more time on there than I probably should.
6. Start a pot luck dinner group - I’m pretty excited about starting this group. My wife and I both would like to be more social and we think this would help us to accomplish this.
7. Read 25 book this year - I ended up finishing 11 books last year and I’d really like to step that up in a big way this year so I doubled my goal.
8. Save $15,000 for this year - I think this is very doable. This includes maxing out our Roth IRA’s at $2,000 per account.
9. Continue posting 3 times per week - I currently write two articles and a “Cool Links” feature that highlights great stories from around the web. I was able to sustain that for more than 6 months so I have no doubt I’ll be able to continue that through 2009.
10. Join the Toastmasters - I have always been afraid of public speaking. My stomach gets into knots and I get extremely nervous. I want to face my fear and conquer it.
11. Be more social - I like to be around people, but I feel like I don’t socialize as much as I should.
12. Have a party this year - We did not get around to having a party so we will definitely make that a priority this year.
13. Learn how to cook and be more conscious about our eating habits - I have my standard lasagna dish, but outside of that, I don’t really have any dishes that I cook on a regular basis. I’d like to broaden my horizon as well as put an emphasis on a healthier diet.
Photo by: Wili Hybrid
Goals from 2008 - How Did I Do?
Interview: Do You Have What It Takes to Own a Franchise?
Interview: So You Want to Own a Franchise?
10 Reasons Why I Want You to Be Financially Independent
Do You Squidoo?